Sunday, March 11, 2007

Don't Be A Menace To The Security Guard In HMV, While Out Shopping In Your Hoodie

Yes, I went out shopping. If you like irony, have a read. I went out for a few things, and managed to set off the alarm at HMV when I went INTO the store. This naturally aroused the interest of the security guard, who offered to deactivate the contents of the carrier bag. He did so, and it still went off! Nothing was ”registering” as not decoded, so it was really unusual. So, I bought what I had gone in for – a cheap copy of….

Don’t Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice in The Hood

now, could that have been scripted any better?

You have to love a movie that starts along the lines of this…

One in five young black men will be forced to watch a ‘Growing Up In The Hood’ movie… One in ten will be shot while in the theatre...”

So, I headed for home, left the purchases at home, then headed to the other side of the city centre (Nethergate/Overgate) for power cards. More extravagant spending- yes, a new handbag… my first main replacement for two years… and it was only £4.00! Also, found a new purse for £1.00… Further to Wednesday’s notes, the Dundee branch (Overgate Centre) of Stationery Box is closing (NOT becoming a Partners) –I guess it’s back to the one in Glasgow being closest (maybe Perth, who knows).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home