Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday Morning

Good Friday is naturally a very important date in the Christian history – and I’m not trying to upstage it today. As I have talked about before, this day has special memories for me.. On Good Friday 9th April 2004, I came out to the world, went full-time, whatever you want to call it. Previously my male clone occupied my body, but three years ago, this was a very special (and slightly scary, when it got down to it) moment. I was hoping to be at the stage of having surgery worked out by this point – and, I can now say I have (see last Saturday’s post).

There are a few other thoughts too. Tomorrow is Saturday 7th April, which marks four and a half years in my current job HR mention to the new starts that the average tenure is 18-24 months (I’d have said more like 12-18 in practice). There have been ups and downs to the lot. With my current plans, it looks like I will stay there in the run up to surgery, unless I get a very unlikely and hugely life-changing offer. That would mean at least three months off afterwards, so that should clearly see me well into five years service in one job – very scary! Nothing is going to be set in stone this year though!


Of course, this time last year (Geed Geed Friday) did see our team night out, with spectacular results early on Saturday morning… and upon mentioning this, Caroline asked me not to get too drunk on our team night out tomorrow! I’m not a drinker, but not strictly an abstainer either…

Put it this way. I’ve got lots of good things to think of, lots of recent happy times, lots of good memories. It’s time to commemorate and celebrate the achievements, and this is the perfect excuse… like I need one!

So, today, we are all going to be at work. As per last year, I am still on the “old old old” agency contract, so this is the one time of the year when I actually make a little bit more i.e. double time and a half. Thankfully they’ve not tied to mess our shifts around this time!

If you are wondering when the deeply moving personal stuff comes up, well keep watching. In the meantime, keep watching for the latest transport, work and love gubbins!


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:41 pm, Blogger Tyrone Ferrara said...

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. - Good Friday

 
At 2:35 pm, Blogger Suzy Scott said...

erm... thanks... (I hope!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home