Tuesday, January 04, 2005

2004 Taglines

If you got an email from me in 2004, chances are it contained a "song lyrics" tagline. Unless I was writing to you from webmail, if my pc/software/connection/keyboard (delete as applicable) were fubar'd. Anyway, as promised, here is a list of 2004's tags. No-one got them all right. Everyone knew the lyric in January's song, but no-one could place the track. Bubba Sparks track "Ugly" was known to me most for being a Kiss-Mix with Missy Elliot's Get Ur Freak On, known as Ugly-Freak, that Kiss100 played a lot whilst I was in hospital towards the end of 2001 - but never heard of it since. So if you've got it anywhere, let me know. February and March lyrics were chosen to be suggestive, and April almost gave the game away (I thought Diana Ross with I'm Coming Out was a little too obvious!).
January - Scooter - Weekend "Respect to the man in the ice cream van!"
February - Scooter - The Logical Song "When I was young, life was so logical..."
March - Alcazar - Crying At The Discotheque "You wore a tie like Richard Gere..."
April - Edge voiceover music - Various "You think you know me..."
May - Bubba Sparks - Ugly "Life ain't great now, but it's much improved, Go out and buy this record, this song's for you..."
June - Anastacia - Left Outside Alone "...All my life I've been waiting For you to bring a fairytale my way..."
July - Destiny's Child - Independant Woman "...All the women who are independant, Throw your hands up at me..."
August - Weather Girls/Geri Spice - It's Raining Men "...Humidity's rising, barometer's getting low, According to all sources, the street's the place to go...
September - Aerosmith - Pink "Pink, is like red but not quite..."
October - Whitney Houston - Your Love Is My Love "...My love is your love, and your love is my love..."
November - Big Country - In A Big Country*** "...I'm not expecting to grow flowers in a desert But I can live and breathe, and see the sun in wintertime..."
December - Blur - He Thought Of Cars "...The motorway is in top gear, It shouldn't snow this time of year..."

***Extra: In the lead up to 20th November, I added
"20th November: The Transgender Day of Remembrance. Day of Remembrance for murdered trans people around the world." For those who don't know, see my 20th November blog entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home