Friday, February 11, 2005

Another Full Day in the City

Back to work today - not just for one day either - two days, today and tomorrow - but today was a half-day. So why was I out the door for 0845ish? Well, another of those days when I have everything on the one day...
Left the house to head to the doctor's first - bus 166 on the 17, despite the lettering being for the 28/29. So what happened? Not a huge amount, but remember this appointment was booked before Wednesday evening.... I am to return in two weeks and a bit.
Anyway, from there, 147 10X to work, but for a booked time of 3.5 hrs. I manage to extend this with some additional hours - as I've not worked anywhere near a full week, I can't quite call it overtime - but this means I will finish at 1830. Do so, and get 163 out on the 10X to town.
After this, head home and out for the Team Night Out. As you may have noticed last time, such events are held at the pub downstairs from where I live. Time is booked "from 1930" with time being split here, before proceeding to No. 1's Karaoke Bar, then London Nightclub. As I am working tomorrow (from 1000) I promise to come for at least the first one or two steps. Went downstairs 1935 - looked around - where is everyone? I see Graeme, our "social organiser" at the bar, but I see no-one else. I was first in - for a change, and despite the proximity!
A good handful then followed over the next hour, until about 2230 when we headed for No.1's. Graeme does a spectacular job on a well-known song, and manages to get the pub going. For the life of me, I can't remember what it was either... as I tried to remember for blogging purposes...
Anyway, 2330 and I went home, in bed by 0100.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home