Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Wednesday - supposed to be a day off....

Like some of my blog posts, this has been done retrospectively. However, in the circumstances, it is probably for the best...
To allow a friend at work to get this Saturday off, she had agreed to work my Wednesday shift - i.e. today, 1100-2000. So, I had the day off. I had plans for the day, but felt somewhat bad. Yesterday I'd left work early feeling bad, and today it had seemed to progress to my chest - never a good thing, as whichever irritation is going around, it seems to stay there permanently. Or, at least for a good while.
Morning, called the doctors - nothing for today, or tommorrow, but 0920 for Friday was taken...
In the early afternoon, headed to bed for a lie-down. Woke up just after 1700, and I could barely breathe. I had been choking up gunk (and the occasional trace of blood) for most of the day, but this is the worst I'd felt for a while. Took my "reliever" inhaler more times than I should have done, and as a result ended up only feeling more shaky, and not being able to breathe as I should.
Gave in, and called a cab to take me up to Ninewells Hospital A&E block... Got up just before 1930, and initially handed to a resuss nurse as soon as I walked in, who evaluated me. As there was no immediate danger of collapse etc. I joined the four or five people waiting - "handling time" was scheduled for around an hour. Was seen twice well within this time (40mins actually) and was put on a nebuliser for the first time in my life - that was scary initially, but it did quite a bit of good. After that, x-rays and various tests, before getting some tablets to take home, to keep me going until seeing the doc on Friday. Was it caused by an irritation to asprin, which has never bothered me before, even in such circumstances? In any case, yet again my experience of Ninewells was much better than previous experiences at a London hospital...
On the way home, was starving (not had anything to eat pretty much all day) and stopped off at a local takeaway for a few things, before heading upstairs. Got home for just after 2330.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home