Thursday, January 26, 2006

Chicco Time!

Out of all those who have walked out of our work in the last week and a bit (hello to Danny, Julie, John B, Randa, Lisa, and anyone else reading this who's name I've forgotten), one of the departures this week sticks out a bit, as it's our floor manager. Ghullam (aka Chicco) has been here for close to three years, after coming in from another campaign, and moved from team manager to a floor manager type role when the job became available (I never was quite sure of his title, but hey never mind).
One particular moment from 2004 was when I did Christmas cards on the last day of work. He then complained that "Oh you , you waited till the last day so I couldnae gie you ain back!" So, I promptly gave him a spare, which he signed and handed back to me... well, it would have ended up in the bin otherwise.
I'm not sure on where he is going, and although he has been a bit of a slave driver over the years (with the "watch yir not reddies"), there's no doubt about it, he's going to be missed! There's not many of the old guard left here....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home