Saturday, July 15, 2006

Run-around Saturday

I said I'd be at the Seafront Spectacular in Arbroath today - in the end, I walked past the Strathtay presence a few times before finding three conductors hard at work promoting the new "Round O" network, as it will be branded, starting in mid-August. The "goodie bags" they were handing out included new pocket timetables showing each of the five main corridors in Arbroath, and the new DayRider (£1.50 for 1 days travel in Arbroath) and MegaRider (£5.00 for 7 days travel in Arbroath) tickets which start from 14th August. See the pictures here.

Now, I did try to get this day off, but failed - once more. I'm not going to whinge about it, as this one was put in a lot later than the others. I was a little late (see due to above hold-up - and walking to the wrong park initally probably didn't help), but still left at 2200. When I was ready to go, I couldn't find my keys. Turns out that I'd locked them away in a closed room, and our own duty manager type person - the only campaign working this late - didn't really seem to know if the cleaners would be in (as they'd have a key so I could get back where I left my keys) or what else that might happen if I couldn't get back... so I called a friend of mine who also happened to be that evening's on call duty manager... I won't explain what happened next, but within seven minutes, I legally and morally got my keys back! Good, but the oriignal response hardly inspires confidence, and it's things like that which I have to explain when people ask why I really want to leave... maybe today wasn't supposed to be. Maybe we'll never know now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home