Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ninewells Again

Coming back to do the same things, in many different locations, can sometimes lead to a deja-vu experience. When I was much younger (4 I think) I was referred to the speech therapy unit at Dundee Royal Infirmary (as it was then) - subsequently I was found "tounge-tied", and I then had my tonsils removed (when I was 7 I think). Subsequent changes to realign my body with my mind have resulted in this referral from Sandyford to Speech Therapy at Ninewells, but there has also been an interesting twist while I've been waiting the few weeks that I was. That twist was, my voice has been intermittently cutting out on calls at work, and when speaking. The new starts that I've had on have also noticed this, and the customers. So, this was all kind of well timed... It's going to be another series of appointments over the next few weeks, and I am going to try and get them all on Tuesdays (or Monday/Wednesday mornings where possibile) to avoid clashing with work. As Ninewells is just around the corner from the Tech Park, not a lot lost. We've got quite a lot to cover, so I will post how we get along over the coming weeks and months. Came back to town via the Perth Road, getting a Strathtay bus (with another Forum member conducting!) to Perth Road, walking to Riverside, then getting the 72 into town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home