Friday, August 18, 2006

A to P via D

I went back for another shot of The Round O today, and a few other things besides. Bought another £30 weekly SuperMegaRider this week, given the large number of out of town trips that I have coming up!
Took former 715 on the 39 from Dundee to Arbroath, then Volvo 16934 on the 73A/41 from Arbroath Bus Station to Warddykes, then Warddykes to Arbroath Bus Station, then it changes to a 73 Ninewells Hospital, and I got off at Timmergreens Shops - enabling me to snap this Dart eeking out from Charles Avenue. I then got former 704 back to Dundee via Carnoustie on the 73A - which I had snapped in Dundee three hours earlier when it did the last trip of the same!
I then headed home briefly, before heading back out for Perth. Former 423 (and in even older money, ST23, plus all the Kelvin/Central numbers before that!) took me on the 54 from Dundee to Perth, before it continued from Perth to Invergowrie as a 54A. I pointed out to the driver that we had an asleep passenger on the back seat... wonder what the kids of Perth Academy would have made if they ran up the back of the bus and found him asleep? Given the litter that gets left behind on that run (the bus then works the 1710 76 from Tech Park back to town, so I've seen it before), it's probably just as well. Told the driver just before he went off, and he made a note to go wake him up! Some time around the town, before I headed up to Perth Broxden on RBY of Smith & Sons, RBX on the way back, and then I got off adjacent to the Bus Station, allowing me to take Solo 251 on the 54X back to Dundee. Despite the weather, I enjoyed the trip - see pictures here!
On another note - said friend appears to have made up. It's the Lathalmond weekend tommorrow... so no doubt I'd have bumped into him anyway. We shall see if it lasts... I'd like it to, but for reasons I will explain later, I have my doubts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home