Thursday, October 26, 2006

Windy Thursday

Yes, it was windy last night, but at least it was drier today, if just as windy as I got into work. Another problem was the new footwear was tried yesterday for first time, but this obviously started to pinch and rub, and caused a blister which I didn't bother to check in my haste to get out, as there was no pain… until I'd walked a few hundred yards that is…

… yesterday I mentioned strange coincidences. Another interesting coincidence was unravelled this afternoon. I was on the phone to another division last night, and three times the guy asked for my name. No problem, as it was about 10 minutes end-to-end, and he remembered the third time. Well, that's how it seemed. I checked the notes again today - he's entered my name as…. Out of all the names he could have incorrectly copied-and-pasted-from-the-last-time… Andrew… those of you who knew me before April 2004 (or were just inquisitive) will know the connection… but the chances are (1) either an incorrect copy and paste from the last note he made, or (2) something that if I put it up on the blog, would make me sound paranoid! The chance of someone making that kind of incorrect-but-sort-of-weird-past linking of two totally separate names, does not exist!

Anyway, we were going to be having a team meeting today, and we did! - well, those that were in. The meeting lasted - from start to finish - a full 30 minutes bang on (yes I was taking the minutes, how can you tell?)

Our other call centre (now BT operated) in Alness had to send people home, then close early, following severe weather. As we had to also have their calls diverted to us, this meant a few more variety from what we do usually - in addition to my quick stint covering for the Corporate desk last night. If when tomorrow comes, we have people who will question whether or not we were lying - I'd suggest you read this. The quote at the end says it all "We have had continuous overnight rain the past three or four nights - it has been some of the heaviest continuous rain I can remember in 70 years." - that was from a farmer who has a farm near Dingwall, one of the close towns to said building. Proof, if proof were needed.

Finished the shift, left to a windy but dry night… the sort where you walk one way, and the skirt blows the other…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home