Monday, January 22, 2007

Promise Of A New Day - Literally

Today was meant to be the start of something new, and as has been the case, was non-stop. Despite being at work for six hours, one hours worth of breaks (15, 30, 15) were crammed into the middle three and a bit hours! That was, perhaps, to be expected.

Shortly after 1400, the floor/duty manager is on a call, arranging cover from some staff... when he looks over to me, and says "What shifts you doing this week?", so queue a long explanation from me...
... so, he asked if I could work 1500-2300... for three weeks... from next Monday...
... I said "I'm already working 1500-2300 for two weeks...
... "would you like to work for three weeks"...
... "yes, assuming all goes well"...... then he turns his head towards his phone handset... "on the email team"...
... "EMAIL TEAM?...."

So, from next Monday, I will be in the email team for three weeks - one of the few gigs I've not yet done in the place! This has became available after two people went to other positions in the company, and a handful went away for training. Just after 1700, their team coach approaches me to go and have a look at the systems. Fairly easy, and I've already replied to my first emailed ticket! In the old days (i.e. when you had to apply) this would be considered a promotion, but it's for three weeks only (for now). So, early night for now (see previous posts), but back tomorrow evening, all going well...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home