Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Wednesday. Not a day of the week, more of a state of mind...

The day started well. I'd been after a new lid for my coffee grinder, and the proprietor of Braithwaite's suggested contacting the makers. I did so, and for £1.75 and less than a 48 hr turn-around, the cheque went out Monday and the new lid is with me now! Good, make a start on that stuff I bought the end of last year - before it all goes bad.
But, there was a bit more to it today. Remember I came to Glasgow two weeks ago today? Well, this was the follow up. Blood tests (which, incidentlly, to advise the person who asked, were for blood counts, as well as to count the existing hormone levels in my blood, both sides,) were all fine, so John has agreed to do the usual and write to my GP for prescribing a low dose to start with, and then building up depending on my response and reactions etc. As with everything else, you won't know how you react until the start.

So, it's just been a chilled day otherwise, and I'm leaving for Dundee in an hour or so. Met up with the West End Poet, as he was cashing up bnetween my bus arrival time, and my appointment. He's got an extended shift on Friday to cope with some pallets of new First leaflets...
When you look back at days like today - not that you draw too much into it - but in the grand scheme of things, it is days like this that do change your future. Maybe that's why I'm just in quiet reflection of everything I see passing. It was more than just a formality, it's the start of the next little bit of the "revised edition" of me.
That, and i've had a bit of a numbing headache all day... I'm sure the by-product of the coffee mill might knock that out when I get home though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home