Tuesday, July 25, 2006

25/07/2006

This would have been my grandmother's 83rd birthday (my mother's mother), and is also notable for being the day she got given her last pet cat, a vicious little thing which came from a neighbour upstairs, on this day back in 1993. It would spit at you if you showed it any affection. So what did she call it? Fluffy...

... 25/07/1993 was also when the Sunday 5/6 was started by Tayside, but I shall leave that for another time...

... Today's trips were various points around Dundee, and you can see the pictures here, if you wish to! I was meeting my mother in town this early-evening for a "dine out" (there's another americanisim again...) Anyway, we did, and she was about to head home on the bus. I was going to go straight home myself, but at the last minute, decided to go back to theirs. So, my mother and I were talking about many things, and my sister joined us. She'd been upstairs asleep, although she had been out earlier. Turns out she's been up to Ninewells Hospital genetics, to go for the same tests I had done at the end of last year to see whether or not she'd picked up a defective gene that could lead to HD, and she'll have her results late next month. To be honest, I was secretly proud of this, just wishing I'd had the chance when I was her age... yes, she's 18 now. How would I have reacted then to now, assuming nothing else had changed earlier or later? That's an interesting one,. thankfully I'd never have to find out. She explained about her recent change of circumstances with work (like me many years ago, she took what she thought was a better offer and it wasn't), wedding (no longer, but they are still good friends), new bf etc. - and the rest. I've added links to her myspace and faceparty on my blogroll (look under "R" for Ruth...)

... so I stayed late, and got a taxi back to town...that was a different day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home