Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Genetic theme again

I was up late through the night with friends, thankfully for “pleasant” reasons. I mentioned (yesterday) that I’d assisted a friend with setting up a new forum board for herself and her friends – well, until 0330 – my time! It's up and running, and all the members are happy in their new board (100 different sub-boards too!) quite happy. One of the members I'd known before, but I'd not spoken to in a couple of years. She saw my avatar that I used on the last board that I saw her on, and recognised me, after all this time! How cool is that? Maybe not so. With a picture like that (which incidentally, I "borrowed" from HotOrNot.com), no-one could forget that face. Except, in the interim, she's been suffering really bad with her head, even though she’s only 22. That kind of reminds you how short life is, and it would come back again today as a “theme”.

I don't work at the call centre on Tuesdays, but I had some shopping visits to do. One was closed... but not that far away. The weird thing was, the phone number on the paperwork was for somewhere in the north of England, and the phone number above the door was just ringing out! A few pictures were taken today, and I then headed for Ninewells Hospital, for my 2nd speech therapy appointment at Ninewells Hospital.

Remember what I said about life being too short? Well I knew that today, my sister (Ruth - see her two links on the right) was having her genetic test results today for Huntingdon's. As I was leaving around 1500, she came up and tapped me on the shoulder. She was going in with her new boyfriend (Kris) for the test results. When I was on the bus to town, got a text from her saying she ”good news". This means she's in the clear. Good news for her (and my brother, who was done some time ago). They can now get back to what they wanted (my sister has a new job starting tomorrow). My life remains as it is. All what happens next year (2007/2008) will eventually be futile when I'm not able to fend for myself in years to come. Thankfully that time is a long time away, and there is still hope. It did leave me feeling "on a limb" as it were, but I'm over it. I was happy for her, and my brother. Seems like they got most of the health, and I haven't!

Spoke to my special someone, a very special and cuddly guy, who talked me back into smiling, and told me to go for a nap with some chocolate... and it helped! Jay, as ever, you’ve been wonderful!

I got up again, after my nap (Jay had headed off after his work!), about the back of eight. I’d logged in to help, and it’s been another long one in helping all the friends, and friends of friends (well, they are all certainly friends now!) get logged into the new forum.

This day was good, overall – would have been better if I’d not had a slight emotional dip, but I’m over it now. Everything else was good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home