Sunday, February 20, 2005

Looking for prints, and that certain person...

You know, compared to what we had before (I am not on about pre-9th April last year at this point either), things are much improved. Today shows how I've got stuck on modern technology so much, that we lose out when the plans do not work our way. What do I mean? Well today, I had to get some digital photos printed. Usual way, burn them onto a cd-r, take the cd-r to Asda Milton (photo centre now open until 2200 each night!), and hang around for an hour (probably Sainsbury's) and pick them up, then get another 28/29 to the bus stop round the corner from home.... Whilst I was creating the disc, I found a new website which allows you to look up speed convictions for your vehicle....

Well, not today. On the way out, the new bus shelters in Albert Square (Euclid Crescent) are in full view and accessible by the public - but they do not go live until Tuesday... and there is nothing to point this out to the punters... Anyway, a few passengers saw the bus go past them, only to walk to the relevant stop at the "royal exchange" portion of Albert Square. Points lost here for DCC, but another example of technology failing us!

Anyway, got to Asda, and the CD tray of the photo kiosk is sealed over with tape. That's not good, but it looked new, so I assumed I was first to use this part... Well, no, as the touch screen failed to recognise the CD as a choice - you could not touch it to choose... And it is knackered, only to be fixed "later" - the voucher I've got expires in April, so if not I can load them onto my new bigger XD card I should be getting later this week....

So, left Asda, had a bite to eat, and went for a change of plan. 29 to Arbroath Road/Kemback Street, and a walk/run along Arbroath Road, King Street, Lyon Street, to Dens Road/Victoria Bridge for 159 on the 1A. The 29 dropped me off at 1539, and the 1A was due off Albert Square at 1543 - so this gave me five minutes to walk, made it with 30secs to spare. Bus to Kings Cross Road/John Weirs Garage (where there was an unidentifiable white breadvan-type minibus inside for repair), then walk around to Tesco Extra - 24 hour store. But, their digital photo machine is turned off at 1600... "it'll be on tommorrow" they say... Oh dear, never mind, spend some time (and cash) in the store, with a few new items for house and body. A very reasonably priced lamp (just over £2) took me five minutes trying to find a light bulb for it. Gave up. Within ten minutes, found one for UNDER £2. Spent ten minutes, got a bulb that's not the exact spec, but fits, albeit a slightly different shape! Clambered back with my bags to Kings Cross Road, for the 1B into town, with vehicle 159.

When I got home, I started looking out all my web links for another ts who I know, but could I find her? No! If I'd actually added her website to my favourites list, then maybe - but even my guess at that drew a blank.... and all the google/altavista searches to find her (as I did in the first place!) all drew a blank... In the meantime, I managed to find several good resources. T In The News is a list of Scottish TG/TS/TV -related articles in the media. I also found the Angels online community - I've now signed up and have a profile, so look out for me... resisted the chatroom, for now, but will be back... so for those of you who have asked for such a site, there it is! Naturally it's uk based as well, which is a bonus... no more explaining that Scotland is not really a part of England after all... Then, found "Slim Fit 20" Caffeine Tights - yes, apparently microfine caffeine is used to help firm your thighs and legs... so if you see my bottom half going faster than the top half, now you know... Finally, found a page of TG jokes found on the internet (some refer to TV's and the like more), the majority of which went down well, despite the fact I've heard some of them a few more times...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home