Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Glasgow's Miles Wetter!

I had two of the brand new Volvo/Plaxton Profile coaches of Stagecoach (Fife) on the way to Glasgow. Dunfermline will be using one into Dundee on the 0820 journey, which is a one-off run before it continues to the X24/X26 - which is the route that these buses will end up on. So, I took 523251 on the X54 from Dundee to Dunfermline, then 53250 on the X24 to Glasgow. As a result, got in 15 minutes late. The combinations of a slightly slower engine, and drivers not wanting to be the first to smash the new toys (it was very heavy rain and poor visibility) meant the delay was equal to two months before, when we had a road smash! Anyway, nice buses.

Visit to Sandyford - got on fine. Monthly "drop in" usually sees 16-18 visitors - there were 24 of us this month! They've increased my (o)estrogen further (now 4x day) and we'll look at it all again in two months.

My meet up with a friend for late lunch changed when he sent me a message saying he'd called in sick to work, but I ended up going up to his house and helping him back to health!

I came back into Central Glasgow had tea, then picked my way home back to Dundee via the X26 Glasgow - Dunfermline (Volvo coach 52423), X54 Dunfermline - Glenrothes (Volvo coach 52422), 24 Glenrothes - Cupar (Volvo/PS 20329, which was scheduled to be withdrawn by this point), and 42 (MAN 22406) . Glasgow was mostly underwater, and the local newspaper was offering a free umbrella with two purchases... good timing anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home